Sunday, April 3, 2011

Learning how to add a digital signature

Well today I learned how to add a digital signature to all my blog posts. (You can see it below)

First you need a digital signature. Which you can get here for free. (Yes, completely for free, you don't even have to sign up for anything.)

Once you have your signature and are still on My Live Signature, click on "Want to use this signature" and then click on "Generate HTML code". Copy this code.

Now if you would like this signature to come up on all your blog posts on blogger, go to your dashboard, click on "Setting" and then "Formatting". Scroll to the bottom of the page and paste your code in the "Post Template" box. Save your settings.

I wanted to share this with everyone just in case anyone was interested or if you know someone else that might be and because, well it took me like a half hour to figure out where to add it and I'm pretty proud of myself.  ^_^

**Just a warning: Your signature will only come up on posts after you have added the HTML. Your previous posts will not have the signature. You will have to go and edit all your previous post and paste the HTML code where ever you want your signature. I know that's a pain but that's blogger. As far as I know there's no way to add it to your previous posts. 





Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You might already know this html on how to make your 'words' clickable in your comment.

    If not stop by here
    for a quick tutorial..

    Enjoy!

    BeeSeeingYou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really surprised that using the link that you have posted to get a free digital signature helped me to make one for myself. I will definitely use that in my blog too by following the steps that you have shared. Thanks a bunch for this nice surprise.
    e signatures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenice, you're very welcome. I'm glad it help you out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add?